The successful applicant institution will provide evidence of:
- Commitment from institutional leadership to promote and sustain a long-term program in the ethics of human research;
- Ability to host a training workshop and provide in-kind contributions of space, logistical assistance (staff, audio-visual, etc.) for this workshop;
- Commitment to future teaching or activities in human research ethics;
- Existing high-quality program of health research, including HIV research;
- Existing international partnerships or collaborations in health research;
- Individual researchers, ethics committee members, or staff from within the institution who (a) have relevant background in research and ethics and (b) meet requirements for graduate coursework at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
* Please note that only one institution will be selected per year.